East • West Massage School is an award winning massage school
in Iowa City, the heart of the midwest
Embody the Healing Art of Massage Therapy and Experience the East-West Difference! The East-West School is an Award Winning School committed to providing the aspiring student in the Massage Therapy Profession an opportunity to learn and experience a Holistic and Integrative Healing Arts Program; combining an Eastern and Western perspective.
We are dedicated to leading an educational experience that is comprehensive and dynamic, with a recognized and highly qualified collective of experienced faculty. Our faculty combines an array of experience in arenas of the Medical and Nursing Profession, Chiropratic Care, Physical Therapy Profession, Integrative and Healing Arts Field, Massage Therapy Profession, Acupuncture and Chinese Herbalism, Psychotherapy and Mental Health Profession, and more.
Our seasoned faculty work to provide you with an enriching educational, evolutionary, and transformational experience, while assisting the student in developing and obtaining knowledge and skills to foster their inspiration and passion for massage therapy and the integrative healing arts.
East-West School is fully accredited with the State of Iowa, The Iowa Massage Board, and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB). All Programs are also accredited by the Federal Government for Veteran Benefits and G.I. Bill funding.
We are the most comprehensive program in the area to offer a 1000 hour Advanced Practitioner’s Program with the most diverse and experienced faculty. Our 1000 hour Advanced Practitioner’s Program is our most sought out program. We also offer an 850 Intermediate Practitioner’s Program and a 700 hour Foundation Practitioner’s Program. You will complete your program in 7, 12 or 18 months depending on the program you choose, and the options that suit you best. We offer you a program of sustenance and excellence. Quality, caring, and making a difference is our primary focus. You have arrived at the right place!
1. MORE MODALITIES & TECHNIQUES: Statistics show the more hours you complete, the higher your score will be reflected on the Massage Board Exam. You will appreciate the variety of techniques and modalities taught at East-West School. Each year we add something new, and are cutting edge leaders. You will learn to master both Swedish Massage and Asian Bodywork, along with many other styles. This ensures a rich education and places “more tools in your toolbox” once working as a therapist and healer. Students especially love the advanced elective classes. Acquiring more knowledge and experience can offer you a broadened depth and diversity for establishing your massage career; enhancing your path of success. Our 1000 hour program offers you the advantage of being at the top in your field, and eligible to practice in more states across the U.S.
2. EXPERT INSTRUCTORS AND MORE TIME: We have over 15 professionals on our faculty, many award winning, along with 2 Directors and an Office Manager to guide and support you. Your education will be vast and full of variety, and you will learn from many healthcare professionals. You will learn an extensive number of modalities, both eastern and western massage techniques, plus more. Many of our instructors have been in the business for over 25 years with an accumulative of over 200 years total. You won’t need to feel rushed at East-West School. Our programs can be completed in 7, 12 or 18 months.
3. FINANCIAL AID & 0% INTEREST RATE LOANS: You will appreciate the convenient payment plans at East-West School. Unlike most student loans, East-West does not charge an interest rate. East-West can make your education affordable, and you can enjoy the peace of mind of paying no interest, unlike Government Financial Aid Loans, which are currently at 6.8% interest in most situations. We strive to make massage school affordable for you.
4. LICENSED STUDENT ADVISORS: You will have your own Student Advisor, a Licensed Massage Therapist, at East-West School. We will help you every step of the way. If you have any questions or need help, we have excellent staff to answer your questions. You will feel supported, and your questions regarding your program are always welcome. Our door is always open and we all want to witness your success.
5. JOB PLACEMENT: We work diligently to help you find work after you graduate. We will work with you to polish your resume, interviewing skills and massage techniques, so you are a desirable candidate for your first massage therapist position, or the start of your own business. We maintain a “Job/Help Wanted Folder” full of job opportunities in and around the surrounding communities. We are there for you every step of the way. At this time, East-West massage therapists are in demand, and it is a growing industry. The average Licensed Massage Therapist in the USA earns over $40,000/year according to online resources.
6. PASS THE BOARDS GUARANTEE: We are confident that you will pass your Boards the first time after attending East-West School that we offer this as a Guarantee. We Guarantee you passing the Boards the first time or we will give you the Anatomy and Pathology hours again for FREE. This is more than a $2,500.00 value. Your accomplishment and success is our priority. Our school passing rate is one of the highest in the state.
7. RECEIVE CASH TIPS WHILE ATTENDING SCHOOL: You will go home with cash from attending and giving massages at our student massage clinic. At East-West School, students commonly receive hundreds of dollars in tips while working their clinic internship. Upon approval, students can also apply for our work study program grant, which helps save on their tuition.
8. GREAT LOCATION: We are located minutes from the heart of downtown Iowa City, which is the home of the University of Iowa Hawkeyes and their ever growing campus. The school resides on the Eastside of Iowa City, near a variety of eating establishments, and minutes from downtown where you can explore the diversity and culture of the University of Iowa and Iowa City. Perfect for students who like to get away during lunch and breaks. In downtown Iowa City, you will find a number of restaurants, coffee shops, local shopping, and more. The school is very accessible and minutes from I-80, Hwy 6, and I-380. We are also on the bus route. We are located only 15 minutes from North Liberty and 30 minutes from Cedar Rapids.
9. HEALING AND NURTURING ENVIRONMENT: At East-West you will find a friendly, nurturing, and healing environment supported by a warm, creative, and vibrant light-filled space that helps to awaken your passion for life.
10. YOGA STUDIO BONUS: You can discover the wonderful benefits of yoga during your program at East-West School with a complimentary introductory 6 month membership to our Sister Affiliate, Zenergi Hot Yoga Studio, in Iowa City. The Yoga Studio is minutes from East-West School.
11. CONTINUING EDUCATION: With on-going commitment to continuing education, we offer an extensive CEU program. A comprehensive offering of continuing educational classes with NEW courses being added regularly taught by nationally recognized instructors.
12. COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Do you like to make a difference for others? We do too! We are known in the area for our community outreach and regular volunteer work. We offer our students many opportunities to “give back” and help others as part of their program. We annually donate massages to teachers, area volunteers for non-profit organizations, Hospice, The Women’s Foundation, and the University of Iowa Health Fair. We value Community Support at East-West School.
13. ALUMNI PROGRAM: You’re always part of the East-West School family. Alumni receive on-going benefits such as complimentary and discounted clinic massages, periodic discounted classes and workshops, gatherings, facebook and more. We are always here to help our graduates with questions, continuing education, business advice and job placement assistance.
Who we are?
This is our dedicated team who work together to bring our students the best of the massage and healing arts world
The Massage Therapy and Integrative Healing Alternative Professions are increasingly becoming desirable career paths in helping others to cultivate healing in many areas of life (physical, mental, emotional, &spiritual). Some of these areas address pain management, stress management, trauma, and help others to nurture others in sustaining a healthy lifestyle. Complementary Healing Alternatives are gaining recognition as valid approaches to healing and valuable in addressing a holistic approach to health and over all well-being. These service professions are expanding rapidly throughout the world as rewarding careers, helping to bring healing and healthy alternatives into the practitioner’s lives and also the individuals they serve.
Career opportunities for the licensed massage therapists include many options offering a multitude of dynamic environments. Many opportunities in this field can provide the massage therapist a rich experience and opportunity to collaborate with other health professionals, while helping make a difference in other people’s lives.
At Zenergi Hot Yoga, we strive to create a nurturing, non-competitive environment so that everyone may enjoy the restorative benefits of yoga.…
The Conscious Living Center is an Integrative Spirituality Center for Mind, Body, and Soul. The center was founded in 2009 when Joshua…