East • West Massage School is a conscious-based integrative massage school
in Iowa City, the heart of the midwest
Embody the Healing Art of Massage Therapy and Experience the East-West Difference! Our East-West School is a Conscious-Based Integrative School committed to providing the aspiring student in the Massage Therapy Profession an opportunity to learn and experience a Holistic and Integrative Healing Arts Program; “One of a Kind” in the area, combining an Eastern and Western approach to massage therapy. East-West School was established in 1996 by the original founders, and formally known as Eastwind Massage Therapy School.
We are dedicated to leading an educational experience that is comprehensive and dynamic, with a recognized and highly qualified collective of experienced faculty. Our faculty combines an array of experience in arenas of the Medical and Nursing Profession, Chiropratic Care, Physical Therapy Profession, Integrative and Healing Arts Field, Massage Therapy Profession, Acupuncture and Chinese Herbalism, Psychotherapy and Mental Health Profession, and more.
Our seasoned faculty work to provide you with an enriching educational, evolutionary, and transformational experience, while assisting the student in developing and obtaining knowledge and skills to foster their inspiration and passion for massage therapy and the integrative healing arts.
East-West School is an assigned proprietary school within the State of Iowa, The Iowa Massage Board, and the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB). Our school is approved to provide the curriculum necessary for licensure in the State of Iowa. All Programs are also approved by the Federal Government for Veteran Benefits and G.I. Bill funding.
We are one of the most uniquely designed Integrative Healing Arts Program, offering you a rich and diverse curriculum with an experienced collective of skilled and passionate instructors who foster applied and experiential learning, transformation, and the embodiment of their teachings. Our Integrative Healing Arts Massage Therapy Program can be completed within 6-8 months, including the opportunity for participating in additional advanced studies along the way. We offer you a program of sustenance and excellence. Quality, caring, and making a difference is our primary focus!
We foster learning that changes lives. What you will discover at East-West School is a warm, creative, and welcoming learning environment that joyously fosters and awakens your passion for life and brings forward a greater awareness of your limitless potential.
You will be greeted by faculty who are kind, caring, supportive, compassionate, and embody their passion for teaching.
East-West School welcomes individuals from all walks of life who wish to embark the path of learning the art of therapeutic massage and the healing arts; no matter your gender, color, sexual orientation, disability, age, size, or where you are at on your life’s journey. You have arrived at the right place!
1. ENRICHMENT MODALITIES & TECHNIQUES: You will appreciate the variety of techniques and modalities taught at East-West School, including the integration of several of these modalities incorporated into the core required curriculum of the 650 Hr. Program. We stay tuned in, and are cutting edge leaders, always looking to bring you the best in the integrative healing arts field and massage. You will learn to master both Swedish Massage and Asian Bodywork, along with other styles. This ensures a rich education and places “more tools in your toolbox” once working as a therapist and healer. Students especially love the advanced classes that follow their core technique classes. Acquiring more knowledge and experience can offer you a broadened depth and diversity for establishing your massage career; enhancing your path of success.
2. EXPERT INSTRUCTORS: We have over 15 diverse professionals on our faculty, along with 2 Directors and an Office Manager to guide and support you. Your education will be vast and full of variety, and you will learn from many healthcare professionals. You will learn an extensive number of modalities, both eastern and western massage techniques, plus more.
3. INTEREST FREE PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS AND WORK STUDY AVAILABILITY: You will appreciate the Interest Free convenient payment plans at East-West School. Unlike most student loans, East-West does not charge an interest rate with the payment plan option. East-West can make your education affordable, and you can enjoy the peace of mind of paying no interest, unlike Government Financial Aid Loans, which are currently at 6.8% interest in most situations. We also offer the option of participating in our Work Study Program, allowing the student to receive up to $500 in Work Study to apply toward their total tuition costs. In addition, we offer a Pay in Full Discount, for those students who pay their tuition costs in full at the time of enrollment. We strive to make massage school affordable for you.
4. LICENSED STUDENT ADVISORS: You will have your own Student Advisor, a Licensed Massage Therapist, at East-West School. We will help you every step of the way. If you have any questions or need help, we have excellent staff to answer your questions. You will feel supported, and your questions regarding your program are always welcome. Our door is always open and we all want to witness your success.
5. JOB PLACEMENT: We work diligently to help you find work after you graduate. We will work with you to polish your resume, interviewing skills and massage techniques, so you are a desirable candidate for your first massage therapist position, or the start of your own business. We maintain a “Job/Help Wanted Folder” full of job opportunities in and around the surrounding communities. We are there for you every step of the way. At this time, East-West massage therapists are in demand, and it is a growing industry. The average Licensed Massage Therapist in the USA earns over $40,000/year according to online resources.
6. PASS THE BOARDS GUARANTEE: We are confident that you will pass your Boards the first time after attending East-West School that we offer this as a Guarantee. We Guarantee you passing the Boards the first time or we will give you the Anatomy and Pathology hours again for FREE. This is more than a $2,500.00 value. Your accomplishment and success is our priority. Our school passing rate is one of the highest in the state.
7. RECEIVE CASH TIPS WHILE ATTENDING SCHOOL: You will go home with cash from attending and giving massages at our student massage clinic. At East-West School, students commonly receive hundreds of dollars in tips while working their clinic internship. Upon approval, students can also apply for our work study program grant, which helps save on their tuition.
8. GREAT LOCATION: We are located minutes from the heart of downtown Iowa City, which is the home of the University of Iowa Hawkeyes and their ever growing campus. The school resides on the Eastside of Iowa City, near a variety of eating establishments, and minutes from downtown where you can explore the diversity and culture of the University of Iowa and Iowa City. Perfect for students who like to get away during lunch and breaks. In downtown Iowa City, you will find a number of restaurants, coffee shops, local shopping, and more. The school is very accessible and minutes from I-80, Hwy 6, and I-380. We are also on the bus route. We are located only 15 minutes from North Liberty and 30 minutes from Cedar Rapids.
9. HEALING AND NURTURING ENVIRONMENT: At East-West you will find a friendly, nurturing, and healing environment supported by a warm, creative, and vibrant light-filled space that helps to awaken your passion for life.
10. YOGA STUDIO BONUS: You can discover the wonderful benefits of yoga during your program at East-West School with a complimentary introductory 6 month membership to our Sister Affiliate, Zenergi Hot Yoga Studio, in Iowa City. The Yoga Studio is minutes from East-West School.
11. CONTINUING EDUCATION: With on-going commitment to continuing education, we offer an extensive CEU program. A comprehensive offering of continuing educational classes with NEW courses being added regularly taught by nationally recognized instructors.
12. COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Do you like to make a difference for others? We do too! We are known in the area for our community outreach and regular volunteer work. We offer our students many opportunities to “give back” and help others as part of their program. We annually donate massages to teachers, area volunteers for non-profit organizations, Hospice, The Women’s Foundation, and the University of Iowa Health Fair. We value Community Support at East-West School.
13. ALUMNI PROGRAM: You’re always part of the East-West School family. Alumni graduates are eligible for interview openings for our East-West Alumni Massage Clinic. Alumni receive community referrals in search for graduated students. We are always here to help our graduates with questions, continuing education, business advice and job placement assistance.
We are one of Iowa’s Most Comprehensive Combined Swedish and Shiatsu Integrative Programs in the Surrounding Area!
* East West wants you to be aware of the difference between an “approved” school by the state of Iowa and an “accredited” school by the department of education. East West School is an approved school by the Iowa State Board of Massage Therapy. An approved school provides the student with a diploma that gives the student the ability to become licensed in the state of Iowa. An accredited school through the department of education provides the student with a diploma that gives the student the ability to become licensed in a state that may have different requirements than the state of Iowa. Many states do not require an “accredited” school curriculum to become a licensed massage therapist, but some states do.
The mission of Builders of Hope is to provide a professional, nurturing, and healing environment; to help empower and guide individuals effectively…
Essential oils have also been used for thousands of years for cosmetic purposes, as well as for their spiritually and emotionally uplifting…
At NCBTMB, we preach in the power of education. That’s why we believe schools like yours are crucial to the success of…
Supporting the largest community in massage and bodywork, ABMP goes above and beyond great liability insurance to make it easier for you…
Our pure essential oils are revolutionizing the way families manage their health. We harness nature’s most powerful elements and share these gifts…
At Shala Hot Yoga, we strive to create a nurturing, non-competitive environment so that everyone may enjoy the restorative benefits of yoga. Our…
Who we are?
This is our dedicated team who work together to bring our students the best of the massage and healing arts world
The Massage Therapy and Integrative Healing Alternative Professions are increasingly becoming desirable career paths in helping others to cultivate healing in many areas of life (physical, mental, emotional, &spiritual). Some of these areas address pain management, stress management, trauma, and help others to nurture others in sustaining a healthy lifestyle. Complementary Healing Alternatives are gaining recognition as valid approaches to healing and valuable in addressing a holistic approach to health and over all well-being. These service professions are expanding rapidly throughout the world as rewarding careers, helping to bring healing and healthy alternatives into the practitioner’s lives and also the individuals they serve.
Career opportunities for the licensed massage therapists include many options offering a multitude of dynamic environments. Many opportunities in this field can provide the massage therapist a rich experience and opportunity to collaborate with other health professionals, while helping make a difference in other people’s lives.
Let us help you learn more about East • West Massage School.